Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tuna Sauce Only Mom Recipe

When I was a baby, my mom used to make a yummy tuna sauce that was great, she told me that I used to eat so much, that my belly used to pop out, this is a very easy and cheap recipe that including my mother that never cooked, could do, it can be done in 15 minutes if you are not an expert maybe 20.

You will need;
  • 375 g of whole grain Penne pasta
  • 2 cans of tuna packed in water, drained
  • 1can of tomato sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
  • A green pepper chopped
  • 1 small onion chopped 
  • 2 spoons of basil powder
  • 1 teaspoon of black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of smoke paprika powder
  •  Salt to taste
Set penne water to heat, salt it when it boils, and cook the pasta, draining it when it's al dente.
In the meantime, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic, onion and the pepper for 5 minutes, being careful not to let the garlic burn. Crumble the tuna into the pot and let it brown a little big, and stir in the tomato sauce.
After a minute check seasoning; reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce until the pasta is done.
Mixed the penne into the sauce pan and stir until everything comes together, let it seat for 5 minutes and serve, if you have some parmesan cheese add some on top when serve.

Hope you enjoy as much as I always do.

My mom and me

Chao