Monday, January 31, 2011

Carmine's Washington D.C.

The other day my friend John and I, when for a great relaxing lunch at Carmine's, is just couple blocks away from my house, they opened the restaurant located at 425 7th Street NW at the Penn Quarter in the center of Chinatown-Gallery Place in Washington D.C., four months ago, this was my second visit, I usually go to a restaurant 3 times before I write something, the portions are huge, but don't think that the quality is bad, is the opposite is great.

By far in DC this is one of the best Italian home cuisine that I ever had, you want to share everything, one plate can be divided into 4 portions, plus the bread to clean the sauce from the plate after your finish add up.  This time we had the penne alla vodka and last time I had the linguine with meatballs, we have a side of Cesar salad that was just like the one I used to eat in Rome, the flavor and freshness of the lettuce are incredible, the sauces are cook and design with love and it feels like when you go to a small town in Italy and the Nonna is cooking for you.

I recommend the restaurant for a nice lunch-dinner chat experience, just enjoy, eat, drink and relax and eat some more, the services is great, the waiter was patient, smiling and very attentive, they have suggestion from the menu and a good aptitude, desserts are real desserts, the tiramisu and the Italian cheesecake are tasty and creamy, you have to share the dessert, you will take some home for your 9PM TV time. They have a selection of house wine and other spirits.

If you want to feel like family and eat like in family, make sure that you visit Carmine's in my city of Washington DC. La Desayuneria give this restaurant a 5 gold folks for comfort traditional Italian food.
Picture from Carmine's website
Carmine's