Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cuba Libre in Chinatown DC

My expectations were fulfill, I was very impress with the quality, presentation, flavors and service, I was there twice, the first time was a very quite night, them very busy and crazy, but the attention was the same, they take care of you, like you are a long time friend and you are in a street restaurant in la Havana, the fist time my Dad and I have a taste of everything is was glory the ceviches, yummy, the arepas, you most have a bite, the ropa vieja inside is incredible and also the most intense, rich and filling, well prepare dish, that I always will eat is the lechón Asado, is this slow roasted marinated pulled pork, classic sour orange mojo, amarillo chille smashed yuca and black bean broth top with a vigoro slaw, this is delicioso, we also have the Paella Nueva, a forbidden black rice paella of pan roasted Mahi-Mahi, shrimp, clams mussels and squid, with a  Mojito salsa verde and chipottle allioli, I can write all the menu but you better go and try yourself, it was a New culinary Hispanic Cocina, like I never had, don't be expecting the traditional Cuban food, they mixed techniques from all over South, Central America also Spanish food is present but the trick is that the Chef make this flavor better, tastier and just incredible, like their rice, it will be forbidden is you missed this experience, also they have more than 100 different rums, and the mojitos are incredible, my favorite is passion fruit,  I have to tried 10 times to make sure it was the best option, dessert, the new reinvented Tres Leches de Banana is incredible and to finished the cafe con coconut milk, too delicious. I will be back for more.

Pictures from Cuba Libre website

Hope you enjoy as much as I did, make a reservations, it pack almost every day but it worth it.

Cuba Libre