Friday, May 28, 2010

Pasta? Trattoria Italiana and Bar

Photo by: http://www.yelp.com/biz/pasta-palo-alto

I was in Palo Alto for a conference this week and  my hotel was a block away from the downtown area, a lot of restaurants... but Pasta? just make me stop, very cute spot in the center of the city, nice and relax ambiance, they speak Italian and the food was great, more than great, I got the Insalata Caprese, fresh tomatoes, great mozzarella, and a topping of pesto sauce, also they added some greens, it was incredible, how fresh it was. For my main course I had the spaghetti Tarantina, fresh pasta with mussels, calamari, garlic and olive oil with a spicy tomato sauce, wow, I am writing and I just want to go back there and eat again, the focaccia bread was incredible, I did not have wine but they have a selection of local beers and a winery.

I did not have space for dessert but they look great, the staff is very friendly and always with a big smile, they make me feel like I was in back in Italy, I recommend this place to anyone is you want to eat authentic Italian southern food.


I visited the location in Palo Alto, 326 University Avenue, check the website, hope you like it.


Photo by Jose Mendoza