Wednesday, March 6, 2019

From Thailand with Love

Five years ago I had the opportunity to take some cooking classes in Thailand with Poo in Bangkok, https://www.cookingwithpoo.com/ I was always scared of preparing Thai food as it is very fast and the flavors were different flavors that I was raised with.  While I was learning I realize that I need it to open my mind to the speed of combining ingredients fast and with love.

When you are in Bangkok please schedule a class, the experience is incredible, you also get a tour to the market to get groceries.

Poo is the one of the best teachers

                                           
Thai curry is one of my favorite dishes and easy to cook, you need....
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 cup thinly sliced onions, from one small onion
  • 1 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3- tablespoons Thai curry powder (or any other curry)
  • 2 can coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 2 pounds large, extra large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or Thai basil
  • Lime wedges, for serving

 
Just me

How to mix...

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 3 minutes. When the onions start to brown, reduce the heat to medium. Add the scallions, garlic and curry powder and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Add the coconut milk, water, fish sauce and honey and bring to a gentle boil. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro (or basil) and serve with jasmine rice and lime wedges.  

Very serious
Cooking


No comments: