Friday, December 17, 2010

Rusty Pelican in Key Biscayne

Ceviche. Photo by Jose Mendoza

Last June, I visited my friend Jeff in Miami, Jeff is like a father to me, as Father's day was close, we decided to play tourist in Miami, where he lives,  and where I used to live for 5 years, before I moved to DC, Rusty Pelican is a huge restaurant, with the most incredible views of downtown Miami, they have an outdoor patio, but because was June in Miami, we choose the indoors, they have a large menu, but you can always ask the staff for recommendations, is a big expensive for what I usually write on the blog but worth it.

We have the ceviche as an appetizer, it was amazing, the bread/cracker is warm and perfect for the ceviche, the fish is fresh and the hot factor is incredible, spicy and soft in the same dish. For main course, Jeff had the Florida Grouper grilled to perfection, Lemon Butter Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Vegetables, and I pick the Shrimp & Scallop Scampi is a combination of Gulf Shrimp & Fresh Scallops Sautéed in Garlic Herb Butter, Served Over a Bed of Fettuccine.

The view from our table, it was beautiful.


If you visit Miami, and want to get away from Miami Beach, treat you and your family for the culinary experience, it was fantastic.  You need to drive to 3201 Rickenbacker Cswy, Key Biscayne, FL 33149

Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

Rusty Pelican